Assignment 6: Self-Directed Museum Exhibit Assessment (10 points)
Due on Canvas on April 20th by 11:59pm.
On Wednesday, April 18th, class will not meet as scheduled. Instead, you should take this time to visit a local museum, choose an exhibit to focus on, and complete this Exhibit Assessment.
Some local museums to consider: Nora Eccles Harrison Museum of Art, the library, the American-West Heritage Center, the Stokes Nature Center.
I also recommend the USU campus Sculpture Tours through the Nora Eccles Harrison Museum of Art: http://artmuseum.usu.edu/htm/visit/usu-campus-sculpture-tour/ There are four routes listed with maps. You would only need to do one route, and please tell me which route you took.
Title of the Museum:
Title of the Exhibit:
Photo of you with Exhibit:
1. Design & Navigation:
2. Content information (accuracy, authority, objectivity, currency, and coverage):
3. Target audience:
4. Amount of time you spent looking over exhibit:
5. What are some interesting features of this exhibit?
6. Why do you think this exhibit is significant?
7. What is your personal reflection on this exhibit? This section is a free-write, however, I would like to see you make connections to some of the themes we covered in this course: exhibiting culture, museum missions, collections care, marketing, governance, grants, ethics, standards, best practices, etc.
THIS ASSIGNMENT SHOULD BE APPROXIMATELY TWO PAGES DOUBLE SPACED. QUESTIONS 1-6 SHOULD BE ABOUT 1 PAGE, AND YOUR PERSONAL REFLECTION SHOULD BE ABOUT 1 PAGE.